Sunday, November 28, 2010

My current addictions

Trader Joe's pumpkin bread muffins. We just cooked our third box in as many weeks. They are easy, delicious, so cozy for the holidays. Having fresh muffins lying around is wonderful for snacking when I get up with Beckett in the morning, or when the day is busy and I don't have a break yet for a meal. I haven't looked too closely at the nutrition information on it... Not yet.

The Zero Waste Home blog. My sister in law referred me to it in a blog comment, and now I'm hooked! I'm fascinated by how people can change their way of life with dedicated effort and some thoughtfulness. Today I was intrigued to find in a back post that the blogger and her family are churchgoers. I was curious about the role that plays in their eco-consciousness... And I am definitely inspired to think about how I can get beyond thinking that I am caring for the creation when I merely divert my trash to the recycle bin.

Pumpkin pie from scratch. I mean, roasted the pumpkin, rolled and pinched the crust... If I could churn my own butter, that would be the next step closer. :) But the recipe had a variation for honey instead of sugar, and oh my goodness I'm in love. It tastes so much better to me! This recipes a keeper.

Brothers and Sisters in syndication. In spite of the fact that it keeps playing repeat episodes with the wrong titles (can someone not work a DVD player at the station???), I love watching this show and getting the back story from the old episodes. James says its a soap opera at night time, but I don't see him leaving the room. :)

Printing pictures of my cute boy. This is so un-eco friendly of me... Picture paper is not recyclable. And he probably will not want all these shots someday. But I do! I might have to get another job just to finance my picture habit.

Watching Friends at bedtime. In bed. It's a terrible habit. I started it when I was having trouble sleeping when I was pregnant. Beckett is almost 8 months. I won't try to figure out how many times we've watched through all 10 seasons. I keep telling myself that soon I will just read before bed again. New Year's?

Scramble on my phone, or on facebook. It's just such a good game! I can play Boggle all by myself, anytime I have a free minute!

These are my Sunday night confessions.
And now it is time for bed. I'm such a parent. It's 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment